Now I want an Eclair! :)

A Deadly Éclair: A French Bistro Mystery - Daryl Wood Gerber

Mimi Rousseau was lucky to have a man who believed in her abilities and became her benefactor and helped her launch her bistro and a inn that went with it. She really thinks of him as sort of a father figure and cares about him a lot.

The bistro is hosting its biggest affair as a TV personality and her husband is going to get married there and her guest are staying there as well. They were having an out-of-towner dinner for a few of Angelica’s and Lyle’s guest and Mimi wants it to all go well because Angelica is Bryan’s niece.

Things were going pretty good and then Angelica’s father shows up and causes a scene and then Mimi witnesses some interesting conversations between Bryan and some of the guest and by early morning Bryan is found dead. Mimi looks to be the most likely suspect because they find her phone summoning him though she swears she didn’t do it and often left her phone in the kitchen. It also doesn’t help that he left papers that in the event of his death Mimi’s debt was forgiven so she will not owe anything on the bistro.

The detective that is in charge went to school with Mimi and her friend Jo and doesn’t really think she did it but he can’t just dismiss things. Mimi must try and figure out what happened and since those with motives are still around and can’t go home she does a bit of snooping.

This was my first book by this author and I enjoyed it. I liked Mimi and thought she was really good at getting people to talk. I loved her friend Jo, especially when it came to how she handled Tyson. The poor guy has such a crush on her but she doesn’t seem to notice so when she jumps on him about proving her friend didn’t kill Bryan he always gets all flustered.

Since I knew who was getting killed from the blurb I went into this gathering up my suspects and by the end had it narrowed to two and one of them was the culprit. I just wasn’t sure which one until the reveal so I thought it was a good mystery.

If you are a fan of cozies then I think you will enjoy this one and it has a lot of yummy looking recipes in the back! Great for all who love foodie themes!