This series is just wacky and crazy. I love it!

Play That Funky Music White Koi (Lemon Layne Mystery) - Hollie Jackson, Dakota Cassidy

This is a fun book, I mean just look at that title. :) If you want to laugh and still have a decent murder mystery then you should try this series! :)

Lemon Layne isn't looking to get into any more murder mysteries but then Cappie comes to her house and they discover a dead body in her Koi pond. Of course, Cappie who is the fun loving conspiracy theorist sees that she has two punctures in her neck, starts speaking of vampires!! You just got to love Cappie!

Lemon really doesn't want to get involved but when someone dies in your Koi pond how could you not be curious and want to find out what happened. She can't help it if people talk to her and she finds out all about Amy from her friends and they were into alternative medicines, etc.

I really like Lemon as she is a fun character but I really love the side characters like Cappie as he cracks me up! It also has a pretty decent mystery for being only 4 hour and 40 minute listen. I just let the killer slip through my fingers as I just didn't suspect that person and it should have been pretty obvious...lol. :)

If you love wacky and zany characters then you should try this series. It's great after you have listened to something heavy and need a light crazy book. :)

The Narrator

I am getting to where I enjoy Hollie Jackson more and more with each read. She does a good job with this series.