Another favorite cozy series

Tightening the Threads (A Mainely Needlepoint Mystery) - Lea Wait

This is one of my favorite cozy series and it's always fun to get back together with Angie and the gang.

Sarah has been harboring some big news and it's about to become public soon so she tells Angie about it first. Ted Lawrence is having a birthday party and gathering his three children and a couple others to his house at The Point. He is going to make a big announcement, that Sarah is his niece. She has Angie to come with her in case the siblings don't take it well.

Sarah didn't know that he was going to make an even bigger announcement and that has everyone at the table (except Sarah who is surprised and Angie and Patrick as they are not family) Then at the clambake the following night Ted dies and they suspect it was red tide from a bad clam, but soon they find out it could have been something more sinister. Then the next day, I believe Silas, Abbie's husband, has drowned in the ocean. Or did he?

The only ones who could have killed Ted were the ones there at the clambake so who was it? Luke ask Angie to try and figure it out once they have decided it was murder.

I like Angie, but I am not a fan of her drinking in the last book it had calmed down some but there was lots of drinking going on in this one. Makes me wonder if the author loves to drink. Angie went from being a private investigator in Arizona to handling the finances of the Mainely Needlepointers and learning the craft herself. She seems to be settling back into Maine rather well. I like Sarah too, so I was glad to finally know what had been going on with her and Ted. Since Ted was so much older than her it was kind of gross thinking they were dating but Angie and I am sure a lot of others was starting to think Sarah has had a tough life and all she wants is family but boy did she get a dysfunctional one!

It has a good mystery although I had the murderer pegged from the beginning but there was some things I wasn't sure about so it didn't bother me knowing because sometimes I did second guess myself but I was right. :) I like being

This is a great series for any cozy mystery lover!