Someone had an Ax to Grind

Ax To Grind (A Kenni Lowry Mystery) (Volume 3) - Tonya Kappes

Tonya Kappas is one of my favorite authors and I really like this series. Ax to Grind is book 3 in her Kenni Lowry Mystery series.

Kenni is the sheriff in the small town of Cottonwood where not everyone was so keen on having a female sheriff. Everyone has pretty much warmed up to the idea, even her mother. And even though it's not an election year her momma has been campaigning, especially since Lonnie announced he was going to run against her.

Berlye was Cottonwoods most famous celebrity but she has died and there is going to be an estate sale. Rumors are flying around about a tell-all manuscript that could say something about a prominent citizen.

There seems to be a lot of people who want to get their hands on it and that only leads to murder as Cecily, Berlye's assistant is found dead. She was suppose to know where this tell-all is but now she has taken the info to her grave. It's up to Kenni and her Deputy Finn along with her grandfather's ghost to find the killer.

I really like Kenni and Finn but I tell you it's really her ghostly grandfather and her momma that steals the show. They crack me up sometimes. I don't know how Kenni can ignore her grandfather when he is talking so she doesn't look like a crazy person. Or laugh out loud at some of the things he says. :) The part where her mother has a megaphone campaigning for Kenni, so funny.

Tonya's books always have that great southern charm that makes me smile and humor that just makes me chuckle. I can't wait to get the next one!