Review of The Bluebonnet Betrayal

The Bluebonnet Betrayal: A Potting Shed Mystery - Marty Wingate

This is one of my favorite series but this was not my favorite story. I don't know if I just wasn't in the mood for it or if it was just to much gardening going on but I just couldn't get into this one as much as the others. :(

Pru has been invited to help with the Chelsea Garden for some Texans who have actually got themselves a place among the Brits. One of the ladies knew her and asked if she would mind getting things started for them since they wouldn't be able to get there until a few days later.

The President of the Austin Gardening club ends up later than planned and Pru isn't sure what she thinks about that but when she meets her they have an instant connection and Twyla starts talking about needing her help to fix things and really just sort of rambles about things but when she ends up dead, Pru can't help but keep thinking about what she said. Almost like she is haunting her Pru can hear her voice and she knows she has to figure out what happened so she can have peace of mind.

Christopher is now semi-retired police (work with the local police on occasion) and not an inspector anymore and the local Inspector doesn't want his help nor Pru's but that don't stop them from checking into things and there are a few things that come up to make her suspicious of a few people.

I love Pru and Christopher they are probably one of my favorite cozy couples. I liked the characters introduced in this one but I think I just missed the normal characters that are usually in it, but since they were in a different area Simon wasn't there and I missed him.

The mystery is pretty good though I did figure it out towards the end but it was nice to see that I was right. :)

Overall, it's a good one but there was just something there that was missing but I am not sure what. Like I said could just be my mood. :) If you like cozies though you should give this series a try.

Source: http://www.amazon.com/Bluebonnet-Betrayal-Potting-Shed-Mystery-ebook/dp/B017QLSIU4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504806964&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Bluebonnet+Betrayal